Friday, April 20, 2012

nairboman's insights #4

After getting Bob Baker's book on Guerrilla internet marketing for musicians, I have decided to try a few new things with my blog, change the format up a little and see how it goes. In a way, it is going against what I would prefer to do, but not totally, and if it doesn't go well, I will switch back to the old way. I have decided to continue with the insights weekly posts, because it keeps people interested in my music, marketing, and thoughts concerning those things, up to date. The music reviews will change now to all Electronic Music reviews from the late 60's to the present day. I would prefer to review music from as many different genres as I can, but the fact is that people interested in my music may be more interested in my thoughts and reviews on primarily electronic music, because it is the genre I make music in, myself. I will try that and see what happens and in some ways, it is a good idea even outside of marketing purposes, as it will expose people who already like my writing and music to more quality electronic music(which I think is great), and it will also help me learn even more about it and I realize that learning about your art is a lifetime experience if you truly care about it. If that goes well, I will slowly begin to incorporate some other types of music over time into the reviews. As far as the movie reviews go, I will continue them, but will only review films from the late 60's on, as many people who read the blog are probably more interested in the modern era of films, which I frankly think is a shame, considering there are as many great films from the pre-modern era as after. Again, if that goes well, I will begin to incorporate older films slowly into the reviews. If anyone has any thoughts on these decisions, please leave a comment.

Other than continuing my blog, my goals for the summer are to do a lot of the things mentioned in Bob Barker's brilliantly researched marketing books, get my music on CDbaby next month for sale, play live at clubs and events, market offline locally in my area and nearby, and contact managers, artists, d.j.'s, radio stations, and record companies to seek help and advice. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment