Friday, April 13, 2012

nairboman's insights #3 - Crossroads

With the arrival of my book by Bob Baker on Guerrilla Music Marketing on the Internet, I find myself at a crossroads. I think I picked the right book to purchase on the this subject, as it covers so much ground I can't easily find all grouped together and explained clearly about on any free internet site. I have taken the next step in my marketing endeavors, but now I have to make a decision about what format to continue publishing my blog in and I need my reader's help in deciding this. The book wisely says that it would be better to concentrate on my music and my genre on my blog for marketing purposes(and in fact, I already knew that). But I do love to write about all kinds of music and all kinds of movies. Should I only talk about electronic music? I mean, I do love it and it might even be good for me and a learning experience to do a blog concentrating on electronic music. Do I separate it into two different blogs: one for general music and one for electronic? And what about movies? Do I stop reviewing movies altogether or start another separate blog for it or keep it part of the regular blog? Another factor is time. I would have more time freed up to do my marketing if I simply concentrated on electronic music and my musical and marketing endeavors to write about for my blog posts. What I also need to know is "what have I written about that you guys and gals have particularly liked reading? My insights, my movie reviews, my music reviews, certain posts?". Please share your thoughts with me about this. Next month I officially release my music through CDbaby, and after I do that, I will be working 6 hours a day on my marketing 5 days a week, but I still might fairly easily have time to publish the same blog with the same amount of content. Tell me what you think about it. :) Bob Baker site

No comments:

Post a Comment