Monday, March 19, 2012

Nice to Meet You...

Hmm, my first blog post ever. What to put? I guess introductions are in order. My name is Brian Lackey from Moberly, Mo. I am an aspiring Electronic Musician who is hoping to meet some new people, discover some cool blogs, and to be honest, attract some people to my blog and my music. I will be posting about my life, my work, and my love of the arts, particularly movies, music, and literature. I have very eclectic tastes in all 3.

For those of you familiar with Electronic Music, my music could be labeled as variously IDM, Experimental Electronic, and/or Electronic Dance, at least as of now. For those of you not very familiar with Electronic Music, but curious, I highly recommend this list...http://www.listology.com/enigmazach/list/200-greatest-electronicdance-albums. Go to http://grooveshark.com/ from there(most of the albums should be there for free listening) or your preferred music listening website.  I am more than sure that I will release albums in the future under completely different styles within the general framework of Electronic Music. To get a taste of my music, simply type nairboman or nairbomanmusic into Google or go to http://www.wix.com/nairbomanmusic/nairboman, my official website.

Yet, I am not only here to market myself, but to revel in the joy of creative writing and to see what I think about the experience of blogging. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to tell me. I have always been a writer, and have written stories, essays, poetry, and non-fiction for my own pleasure, but I got burnt out on it for awhile, and hope to get back into it eventually.

I also have the ambition to become a movie writer and director and have made some amateur films in the past.

For now, though, professionally, my goal is to market and sell my first(double) album Here We Go..., which will be released in download form through CDbaby in May through its own site and various online stores including Amazon, with a physical CD release hopefully soon thereafter.  I hope you will give some of my music a listen and tell me what you think of it.

I will be posting two or three times a week for now, most likely all on Fridays(as I am busy marketing my music the rest of the week), but possibly more in the future. I will be blogging more in future posts about the personal details of my past and present life, what inspires me musically, my music itself and the marketing that goes along with it, as well as reviews of movies and music and occasionally literature(it takes a while to read a book after all...lol). I hope you will find my posts enjoyable, entertaining, and informative. I hope you like my music too. :) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment